Sunday, June 8, 2008

Melbourne to Byron/motorbike lift

MOTORBIKE LIFT ADVENTURE

I got a ride from Fryers Forest/Castlemaine/Melbourne to Byron Bay with a great guy and friend of Fryers Forest - Sandy. He gave me a lift on the back of his motorbike - 1,650k (1,030 miles) and about 20 hours - took us 3 days - and we had a great time - quite an adventure!




Here we take a test drive from Fryers Forest just to see how my borrowed gear works out and such - what a wild pair we seem to be - thank you Oscar for loaning me your helmet, thank you Matt for loaning me your gloves, thank you Jon for loaning me your rain pants, thank you Cath for loaning me your scarf and thank you Sandy for loaning me the boots and jacket - I feel so taken care of!
















Dawn stretching out her butt muscle after a long bit of riding - so good to ride and so good to get off and stretch too!


The first day we ride almost 1,000k through some cold and rain from Castlemaine to the Blue Mountains on the eastern edge of Sydney to stay with Sandy's mom in Kurrajong - she is such a delightful lady - and took care of us weary travelers with a smile and a roaring fire to warm ourselves - thank you thank you






we met some German travelers - on the road by motorbike for a year and a half through many countries - they had some incredible stories